For some, fondue might be the preferred way to enjoy cheese, bread, and a flight of wine with friends; however, others may object and insist that the delicious melty raclette cheese dish is best! High-acidity wines are a perfect pairing so any Anderson Valley wine from your cellar will work well.
The word raclette comes from the French word racler, meaning to scrape, and Raclette is a specific semi-soft cheese made from the raw milk of cows known for its melting ability. Similar to the geographical wine areas (e.g. Champagne) Raclette is protected by AOP (Appellation d’Origine Protégée) and it is now made all over the world.
Why is Raclette So Great?
- There is a novelty in grilling your food at the table
- Preparation is quick so you can enjoy the evening
- Sides are only limited by your imagination
- Everyone assembles their trays to their liking
- The leisurely aspect is perfect to enjoy over wine
- An excellent option for a meatless dish,
- A fun and simple way to hang with the family
~ Courtney DeGraff, Anderson Valley Winegrowers Association
Share this entry
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Phone: (707) 895-WINE