The King and Queen of Luxury: Caviar and Bubbles
“Phew- it’s almost 2021 and what better way to celebrate the end of 2020 than to toast some delicious Anderson Valley brut bubbles! Well, we could go even further in our celebration and pair it with caviar. I mean, why not? This is the way aristocrats around the world have been celebrating for centuries. So, let us get a little fancy and indulge in these equally luxurious delicacies while celebrating the new year! Because ultimately, we all deserve to Toast to Bubbles and Caviar, Anderson Valley style.”
For our tasting, we use mother of pearl spoons which don’t react with the delicate caviar roe as silver does. The ingredients are simple:
- Goldeneye Anderson Valley Brut Rosé Sparkling Wine
- Tsar Nicoulai Reserve Caviar
- Kettle Chips Unsalted Potato Chips
- Bellweather Farms Crème Fraiche
- Goldeneye Garden Chives
- Local Egg Yolk
Tasting is Even Easier!
- Sip the Bubbles and taste on its own, making sure you get a good dose of goodness!
- Place about a 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of caviar on the spoon and taste on its own. Don’t chew the caviar, it’s delicate and just likes to melt in your mouth a bit.
- Sip the Bubbles again and immediately taste the caviar. Let them mingle in your mouth together before swallowing.
- Add the potato chips, crème fraîche, chives, and eggs to your desired amounts, ultimately finding your favorite combination.
- Viola! You’re a bubbles and caviar tasting expert!